6/19/2013

Blurry 2560x1080 Display

I just got a SuperWide 21:9 monitor, and when I plugged it in via the DVI cable that was running my previous monitor, I was dismayed to find that on the highest resolution (2560x1080) the display was blurry. I was barely able to read text. After some searching for answers, I found one in an unlikely place. I discovered that it wasn't a software issue, but just a cable issue.

The DVI cable that was connecting my previous monitor was "single link DVI." I had to use the "dual link DVI" cable that came with the monitor. Same plug, just more pins.

Problem solved.

Hopefully anyone else with this same issue can find their answer solved here quickly without wandering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to post this! I just went through about an hour of trouble shooting... Updating drivers cursing the super wide screen monitor etc.

I came across your page and had the Face Palm moment... Switched cables and sure enough problem solved.

Thanks again!

-Gman